“We were both young when I first saw you.(初次見面時,我們還都很年少)
I close my eyes and the flashback starts.(我閉上眼,那一幕往事又重現在腦海中)
I“m standing there on a balcony in summer air.(我站在陽臺上,享受着夏日的微風)”
漢妮慢慢地閉上了眼睛,臉上露出一個微笑的舒緩表情。而常威臉上的不虞也消散了大半,常初更是幸福地眯起了眼睛。
“See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.(看着冷火闌珊的舞會和華麗的禮服)
See you make your way through the crowd.(望見你穿過擁擠的人羣)
And say hello.(向我打招呼)
Little did I know.(我只記得這麼多了)”
常初開始和她的媽媽一起輕輕擺動着身子,常威的臉上也終於露出了一個微笑。無論何時,音樂總有那種讓人輕鬆下來的魅力。
“That you were Romeo,you were throwing pebbles.(你就是朝着我家窗戶扔石子兒的羅密歐)
And my daddy said stay away from Juliet.(我爸爸氣急敗壞地叫你離朱麗葉遠一點)
And I was crying on the staircase.(我卻蜷坐在樓梯間啜泣)
Begging you please don“t go.(心中祈求着你不要離開)”
羅密歐與朱麗葉?漢妮睜開了雙眼,和同時朝這邊看過來的常威交換了一個有些驚豔的眼神。
“And I said.(我說道)
Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.(羅密歐,帶我去一個只有我們二人的地方)
I“ll be waiting, all there“s left to do is run.(我一直等待這一刻,唯一能夠做的就是逃離)
You“ll be the prince and I“ll be the princess.(你就是王子,我就是公主)
It“s a love story, baby, just say yes.(美好的愛情故事,親愛的答應我)”
聽到這裡,常初再也忍不住和她的爸爸媽媽一起繼續分享這首歌。她現在只想帶着這個收音機一起從廚房之中逃離出去,然後躲在自己的房間裡面,一個人安靜地享受着萊特的生日禮物。
漢妮此時也鬆開了搭在女兒肩膀上的手,目送着常初從廚房遠去的背影,歌聲隱隱地從廚房外面傳來。直到常初回到房間並鎖上了門之後,這音樂才終於被隔離開。
“So I sneak out to the garden to see you.(我溜到花園和你幽會)
We keep quiet “cause we“re dead if they knew.(我們小心行事,避免被人發現)
So close your eyes.(閉上眼睛)
Escape this town for a little while.(我們逃出這個城鎮,哪怕只有一小會兒)
Cause you were Romeo,I was a scarlet letter.(你的出現讓我的人生充滿色彩)
And my daddy said stay away from Juliet.(我父親讓你離我遠點)
But you were everything to me.(但你是我的全部啊)
I was begging you please don“t go.(我祈求着你不要離開)
……”
後面的歌曲樓下的漢妮和常威再也聽不到了,因爲常初此時已經躲進了她的小房間裡面。把收音機放在牀上,跪趴在牀沿邊,安靜地聽着收音機裡的歌曲。
“……
Romeo save me,(羅密歐拯救我)
They try to tell me how to feel.(他們試着告訴我怎樣去體會)
This love is difficult, but it“s real.(儘管這份愛情如此艱難,但很真實)
Don“t be afraid, we“ll make it out of this mess.(別怕,我們會渡過難關的)
It“s a love story, baby, just say yes.(美好的愛情故事,親愛的,答應我)
……”
常初翻轉了一下身體,由原本的跪趴動作變成了背倚在牀邊,雙手環抱着膝蓋,小腦袋隨着音樂的律動一點一點的。
“I got tired of waiting.(我厭倦了等待)
wondering if you were ever coming around.(想知道你是否會如期而至)
My faith in you was fading.(我的信念在逐漸衰退)
when I met you on the outskirts of town.(當我再一次在小鎮的郊外與你相會時)
And I said.(我說)
Romeo save me, I“ve been feeling so alone.(羅密歐,救救我,我孑然一身太久了)
I keep waiting for you but you never come.(我一直在等你,但你從未現身)
Is this in my head, I don“t know what to think.(在我的腦海中一片亂糟糟的,我不知道如何是好)
He knelt to the ground and he pulled out a ring.(他跪在地上,捧出一枚戒指)
And said.(然後說道)
Marry me, Juliet, you“ll never have to be alone.(嫁給我吧,朱麗葉,你不再是一個人)
I love you and that“s all I really know.(我只知道我深愛着你)
I talked to your dad,go pick out a white dress.(我和你的父親談好了,快去挑選你潔白的婚紗)
It“s a love story, baby, just say yes.(美好的愛情故事,親愛的請答應我)
……”
“We were both young when I first saw you.(人生初見時,我們還都很年少)”
“生日快樂,小……”萊特乾乾巴巴的話從錄音機裡傳了出來,“小,小初。”
砰!
常初的房門和牆壁撞擊發出了一聲震耳欲聾的聲音,隨即又是一陣急促的咚咚踩樓梯的聲音。
就在樓下餐桌邊上的漢妮和常威詫異地對視之際,常初忽然氣喘吁吁地重新出現在了廚房的門口。她此時臉色通紅,額頭上有些微微冒汗,原本整齊的頭髮此時也比剛纔散亂了不少。
“爸爸媽媽!”常初停頓了一下,彷彿是在爲剛纔的快速奔跑而喘氣,“我們今年去法國吧!”